Fall

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Relay For Life 2010! Manda Strong

Relay for Life this year was incredible. The weather was perfect and we had a huge turnout. Team Manda Strong raised over 2000 dollars for America Cancer Society. Yea! I felt so honored to have so many people out there cheering me on. Thank you to everyone that supported our team in some way. This event will be a passion of mine for the rest on my life.

I was asked to speak at one of the relay for life events this month and was approached afterwords by a mom who's daughter was just diagnosed with the same cancer I had when I was five. I was able to meet this young lady at Relay for Life. She was an amazing girl with a great attitude and spirit. I am happy to say that we hit it off and I will be taking her lunch at the hospital sometime this week. Praise God for his direction in my life.






1 comment:

Katy said...

Aw, Manda! I'm so happy to see your sweet face! I'm so thankful for God's provision in your life! We will continue to pray for you. Wish I could've been there to walk witn you. Aiden is ADORABLE!! Isn't there just a special bond between a mommy and her son?? :) I am just experiencing that too. Hugs to you!!